Homemaker Services help with general household activities when a person is unable to manage the home, or when the person regularly responsible for these activities is temporarily absent or unable to manage the home.
Homemaker services may include:
- Meal preparation
- Routine household tasks
- Assistance with activities of daily living (bathing, eating, dressing, mobility, transferring from bed to chair and using the toilet)
- Assistance with arranging transportation
- Informal emotional support
- Social stimulation
- Monitoring safety and well being
For people on the waivers or Alternative Care Program, Activities of Daily Living (ADL) or Home Management may be provided under the Homemaker service when providers have the appropriate level of licensure.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers, the Alternative Care program, and the Essential Community Supports program in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Licenses and Certifications
- Chapter 245D License
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)